- Level 1&2 2 to 2.5 hours: minimum 2days/3 days a week for better skill achievement
- Level 3 3 hours: minimum 3 days/4 days a week for better skill achievement
- Level 4,5 3 hours: minimum 3 days/ 4 days a week for better skill achievement
- Level 6,7 4 hours: minimum 4 days/ 5 days a week for better skill achievement
- Level 8,9,10 4 hours 5 days a week
Advanced Gymnastics will train your aspiring gymnast at the recommended progression schedule, training at less than our recommended schedule will influence rate of success. All of our gymnasts are released at different times from schools necessitating some flexibility at all levels but we will work with everyone’s schedule to accommodate the required hours. For the most part we can allow all gymnasts to work out more hours in the week at a slightly added rate. If a gymnast generally works out more than the required hours, it is very easy to be flexible in most circumstances.
In the summer higher levels workout Mon-Thurs but due to numbers some lower level gymnasts may use Fridays.
We develop higher level gymnasts in the optional levels because we believe that gymnasts must train the correct number of hours per week to allow the proper conditioning for the higher level skills and the time to develop those skills. We have the national statistics to prove these hours are correct. The best optional gyms in Idaho mirror our hours with great results.
Give us a call at 468 -9292 if you and your gymnast are interested in moving through the gymnastics levels at the proper progression rate:
Beginners to level 2: depends on ability, age, hours of training
- Level 3: 1 to 2 years
- Level 4: 1 to 2 years /Gymnast must develop kips on bars to have a successful level 4 workout.
- Level 5,6,7: 1 to 3 years Gymnast must develop either a strong clear hip circle or giants on bars to be successful here.
- Level 8: 2 to 3 years Gymnast must develop giants on bars as well as a new vault and beam skills to compete at this level.
- Level 9: 1 to 2 years/high level gymnastics skill achievement on every event
- Level 10: 1 to 2 years/even higher level of gymnastics skill achievement on every event
We have multiple gymnasts representing Nampa, Meridian, Star, and Middleton. Our location makes us easy and quick to get too. Drive over to us just once and we are sure you will agree.